Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Pretty Hair Bun

I saw this idea on Instagram a few weeks back and thought I'd try it out for myself. It's surprisingly easy and looks so pretty! Here is how I done it..


  • I clipped in a few wefts of my Bobbyglam Hair Extensions and tied my hair into a high ponytail. 
  • I used my doughnut and put that over the ponytail which will make the shape of the bun
  • I did 5 plaits in about half the hair and then used the left over hair to cover the doughnut and make the bun. 
  • I then smoothed the hair over the doughnut keeping the plaits separate and secured with with a hair band.
  • I then carefully placed the plaits evenly over the top of the bun and secured them with a hair band. 
  • Just to tie up the loose ends I twisted them around the bun to get the finished result. 

It is much easier than you would think and only takes about 20minutes with about 10 minutes of that being spent on plaiting (plaits take much longer than you realise). This is perfect for those days when you're in between washes or if you want something a little different. 




7 comments:

  1. I love this, I remember seeing your instagram photo and making a mental note to give this a go! :-)

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorge! I always use my doughnut on days when I need to get my hair up..the plaits really make it so glam!

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, definitely going to try this out :) xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this updo!! really pretty. I am hopefully going to try this out. just a quick question if thats ok? did you put your clip in extentions in first and then put your hair into a pony tail or did you put them in around your ponytail?

    www.herefordbridalbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put my clip in extensions in first then put my hair into a ponytail. Hope that helps xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...