Monday, 25 June 2012

Cornwall

A couple of weekends ago me and my family all travelled to Cornwall to say goodbye to much loved Granny. She had been poorly for a very long time and had lived much longer than we had ever expected since my Grandads death 5 years ago. She wanted to join him, she was ready to go. And for that reason, we were happy, we celebrated her life, we cried and we smiled and most importantly my Granny was finally reunited with the love of her life, my Grandad. 

My mum is one of five and they were all born and raised in Polperro, Cornwall. Since then they have all moved away and now live in Wiltshire, London, Spain and California. So as you can imagine it is very rare that we all get to see eachother. As sad as this occasion was, we decided to make the most of being  in Cornwall (Home as my mum and her siblings call it) and treat it as a mini holiday too. It was so lovely to be back there with all the family for the first time in about 6 years. And just to top it off, the sun was shining. Perfect. 

Talland Beach

Talland Beach

Talland Beach with Liam

Talland Beach

Talland Rocks

Looe at full tide in the evening
Looe

Looe Beach


Looe Beach
Looe River
Looe 
My granny and Grandad reunited

Polperro Harbour
Polperro Beach at full tid

My favourite tea rooms in Looe

Cornish Cream Tea

Overlooking Hannifore


.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your nan, such a shame!
    Glad you could make the most of the situation though, it looks like you had a lovely time.
    Thoughts are with you and your family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope your Granny is at rest now..I'm certain she is! <3 I used to live in Looe for a little while. I love Cornwall and would move there if I could! Lovely photos you've taken xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...