Monday, 28 November 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Review

I think it's safe to say I am a bit of a foundation junkie and I can't resist buying a new one every time I pop into Boots or Superdrug. I am yet to find that one foundation that is perfect for me and I go back to everytime it runs out which leads me to buying more and more different ones. When it comes to high end thankfullly I struggle to part with my cash so I don't actually own any, although it will only be a matter of time. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour is the latest edition to my collection. 

    
This is actually my second bottle this foundation, not because I love it so much that I had to re-buy it but because it's the only foundation I have found so far that will stay put better than others I have tried. I have this in shade 100 Ivory, which is the lightest shade they do. I find this to be a little dark for me, I do have pale skin but it's not extremely pale. It baffles me that there is only 6 shades available, because all of the billions of people in the world are only 6 colours right? hmmm i think not. 
    
It comes in this tall glass bottle with a pump, which i love as it's much more hygienic and easier to control how much comes out. I also prefer foundations to be in a bottle so that i can stand them up neatly (yes i am a neat freak)
    
As for the 25 hour claims, i'm not so sure. I haven't stayed up for a whole 25 hours to test it myself and i'm certainly not prepared to but it definitely has some serious lasting power. The longest i have worn this foundation was about 16 hours and it had started to look a bit ropey by then and in definite need of a touch up. I would say this lasts well for about 9-10 hours maximum without any touch ups. 
    




I have oil/combination skin but find as soon as i apply foundation it can dry out in areas. I also like a natural/glowing/dewy finish foundation and a medium coverage. It is a natural finish which once powdered looks more of a semi-matte finish,which is not really what I like in a foundation but as it does stay in place for the day I can definitely over look that. It is a medium coverage but can be made full if applied a little thicker.  
    
I bought this for £6.99 in Superdrug and you get 30ml in a bottle. Overall although it is not what i necessarily look for in a foundation i do love this and until i find a foundation that ticks all the boxes i will be repurchasing it. For me the staying power is the thing that wins me over on this one. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for a good long lasting one so think this will be next on my list. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 16h one is pretty great for an everyday foundation! Stays put and doesn't oxidize at all! I'm going to be trying this one, too, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always scared of buying new foundations for some reason :/


    P.S Have you seen that we are holding an #xmasbloggermeet in a couple of weeks? Would be lovely to meet you! All details here: http://mystreetchicchristmas.eventbrite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering whether or not to buy this, I'm rubbish at trusting high street make up brands. Thank you for the review! Love your blog, found you through Twitter, am now following xxx

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...