Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Maybeline Dream Satin Liquid Review

Since producing what I personally think is the worst foundation to ever exist (Dream Matte Mousse) Maybelline has been a brand that I have never had any interest in. I always thought that if they could produce such a terrible foundation then it doesn't hold much hope for their others. However this caught my eye when I was browsing in Tesco about 4 months ago. I swatched it on the back of my hand and it had the most gorgeous glow and it was only £8.49. I had never seen any reviews on it and totally bought on the spare of the moment.


I had no idea what to expect with this foundation as I didn't even know it existed until the day I bought it. It looked so nice rubbed into the back of my hand I was excited to try it out. I wasn't overly impressed with the colour selection, they only had 3 in Tesco but I believe there is 8 overall. Alothugh I have found most stores only stock about 5.

It has a light-medium but buildable coverage and is very lightweight. You can easily apply 2-3 layers without it looking cakey and still achieve a lightweight feel. I have quite red skin around my cheeks and this covers that flawlessly with one layer. Although it's not quite the air brushed finish it claims, it really isn't far off.

It has a very smooth, silky and fresh appearance once applied and definitely gives me that healthy glow i'm always after. I'd definitely say the claims of it being 'Satin perfect' and a 'luminous finish' are extremely accurate! It is super blendable and you can easily re-apply another layer later on in the day without getting a nasty cakey looking build up on your skin. You can also apply it with a brush or your fingers  and it blends like a dream! 

The only downside to this foundation is it's staying power. Maybelline do not make any claims about it's staying power so for me it isn't a big deal. Although it would be nice if this foundation did last all day as it looks so perfect when first applied. If you want it to last you all day it would definitely need a touch up later on in the afternoon. 

I have to say out of all the foundations I own this has got to be my favourite. And although I would really love a foundation that stays put for an entire 18 hour day this is so flawless that I don't mind having to top it up part way though. I have re-purchased this in various shades and none of them look orange. Maybelline have really redeemed themselves with this one! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds promising, I judged maybelline on dream matte mousse too, which I also think is the worst foundation ever! Great review x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...