Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Foxylocks, Headkandy and Halo Hair Extensions Comparison Review

My previous hair extension blog posts have been proving very popular and when you're considering spending quite a large amount of money on some hair extensions you need to do some research and compare brands. That then leads to you finding numerous reviews from people that have only tried one of the brands, so you can't easily compare them. Having owned sets from 3 of the top brands i'm hoping that this will be a lot more helpful. 
 

I have been wearing clip in hair extensions for 5 years and although I am not qualified or professionally trained I know a huge amount about them which I have picked up over time.
  



These were the first 'high end' hair extensions set I bought. I did absolutely masses of research into these and had trawled through youtube watching nearly every video and of course Imogens channel. I eventually took the plunge and bought them back in January. 

At first I was super impressed and very excited but I think this was because I had never had such long, thick, silky extensions before. They were amazing for the first month but I started to feel like they needed a wash as they were getting knotty very easily. I washed them, and left them to air dry as I would always do but found they weren't much better. As time went by they just got worse and worse, to the point where they were so frizzy, dry and knotty that they were just unwearable after only 3 months.

I have tried so many products to try and bring them back to life and the only thing that has made a difference (only a slight one) is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Intensive Mask. They are now just about wearable but look very tatty and split.

I looked after these just as I have looked after my Headkandy ones and my Halo ones so there should be no difference in the condition. I really wanted to love these as i love the colour and clips, but the quality was just awful. I have no idea if anyone else has had the same problem with them as all the reviews I can find are first impressions reviews.
  
As you can see from the photo the ends are extremely split after just  3 months. I love the colour of them and the clips are some of the best I have used. The are the perfect thickness for me and they blend with my hair very nicely. I have extremely fine/thin hair and need some extra thickness. The set I have are 160g but Foxylocks also have 120g and 215g sets available. I would like to try Foxylocks extensions again to see if they can prove me wrong but I just cannot justify spending the money on a set that may not last me very long like my last ones.

Quality: 3/10
Thickness: 9/10
Clips: 9/10
Price: 5/10
Customer Service: 7/10
Would I re-purchase: No 
Total: 33/50

  • £79.99 - £4.40 postage
  • 20-22 inch clip in set 
  • 180g with clips
  • Remy Human Hair
  • 10 wefts including 1 quad weft
  • Espresso - Darkest Brown 
  • Twitter- @Blobbyglam
  • Facebook - BobbyGlam
 
I bought these back in May after reading good reviews and having them recommend by a couple of friends. Although I was very dubious about these as I had heard that the quad weft gets extremely matted after a couple of months and that is not something you want when you're spending around £80 for them.

Nearly 6 months on and wearing them pretty much everyday they are still going strong. Of course they have a few spilt ends and look a little worn but they are still very soft and definitely have a few months left in them yet. I'm massively impressed with them and would go as far as saying they are the best hair extensions I have tried.

Headkandy will colour match your hair if you send them a photograph of your hair in natural light via email or facebook. The extensions are also cut to ensure they are the same thickness throughout, I was worried they would have a blunt edge but once put in they look very natural. 

Of course with all hair extensions you must look after them as if they are your on hair if you want to last as long as possible. I have washed these twice since having them as they have not really needed it. I also left them to air dry to avoid using unnecessary heat on them and so they didn't frizz.

I don't follow the numbering system that they advise when putting in the extensions as I prefer how they look the way I do it but for all you hair extension virgins out there it will be a massive help. These blend nicely with my hair and the quad weft allows me to choose whether I want super thick hair, or slightly thinner hair without taking out vital wefts from some areas as I use the quad weft for thickness only. I am absolutely in love with these extensions and i'm even contemplating buying another set in a lighter shade and of course a replacement set when mine finally give up the ghost.

Quality: 10/10
Thickness: 9/10
Clips: 7/10
Price: 9/10
Customer Service: 9/10
Would I re-purchase: Yes
Total: 44/50



  • £59.99 - free next day delivery
  • Full head clip in set
  • Light Brown
  • 20 inches
  • 8 wefts
  • 100g pure hair weight (no clips)
  • Remy Human Hair
  • Twitter - @Halo_Hair
  • Facebook - Halo Hair Extensions

I actually found this brand through twitter and had heard lots of good things about them. At the time I had been wanting to dye my hair a little lighter so of course with me being the hair extension junkie I am, it was a good time to buy another set of hair extensions and try out a new brand. I first of bought a 16'' Full head clip in set that are the same length as my hair just to add thickness but I couldn't resist also buying a 20'' set too.

I have had these around a month and they are still soft even after putting a few highlights through them. The 1 thing that i'm not keen on is that they are extremely thin at the ends. Which I find makes them look shorter and less luxurious/silky. Because the ends are thin it gives less room for breakages so I don't think they will last much more than 2-3 months of everyday wear. I add a couple of old wefts to thee extensions to add more thickness and for me personally the amount you pay for them, isn't worth what you get weight/thickness wise. 

However with these hair extensions having much thinner ends it means they are so much easier to manage so they are very good for days when you haven't got time to do much with your hair. I haven't personally tried the Deluxe set but I think if you would like a good amount of thickness if you have normal - thick hair then the deluxe set would be better. 

One thing I was extremely impressed with was their customer service, I had to return some as they were the wrong colour and Halo sorted everything out for me and were just fab! 

Quality: 6/10
Thickness: 3/10
Clips: 9/10
Price: 5/10
Customer Service: 9/10
Would I re-purchase: Yes (only a deluxe set though)
Total: 32/50








Disclaimer: I paid for all 3 sets with my own money and have not been paid to do this review, all opinions are 100% my own, as they always are and always will be. (I was however given a discount on my 20'' extensions by Halo)

35 comments:

  1. Hair Extensions have increased in popularity across the world over the past 5 years. With top celebrities in USA and Europe now opening talking about how they use hair extensions the product is now accepted as an acceptable and even required beauty aid in the fashion and movie circles; hair extensions are HOT!

    Hair Extensions
    Keratin hair extensions
    Fusion Hair Extensions
    wholesale hair extensions
    Seamless Tape Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review, was extremely helpful! I am also a massive extensions junky, and was really interested to hear you weren't too keen on the foxylocks ones as I'd heard lots of good things about them and was thinking of getting them next. I think Headkandy are the best as well, I've had 2 sets from them and was very impressed, the only thing I've found is that they have a lot of fall out while I'm wearing them, i wondered if you've found this as well? Perhaps it's just a side effect of all extensions? I've reviewed Bobby Glam extensions on my blog, wasn't impressed by them at all, nowhere near as good as Headkandy! Great blog! xxx

    kathykins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an absolute life saver, been trying to decide which to go for for ages! Looks like HeadKandy it is xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog.
    I used it alone.
    But it can be used as a booster as well.
    @LL, I wish the waves woulda attempted to kake a reappearance.
    lol but its cool though my curlers are ready. lol Ok ladies so here's my bodywave closure from Anson.
    I ordered a size he no longer sells because its small.
    This is my first closure and Im using to learn.
    Fusion Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  5. The different hair extensions are looking very nice,thanks for sharing......




    human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foxylocks headland and halo super is shwon in the post here. Have a look at it
    Salon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you about Foxy Locks, I have a lot of extensions too and those are without a doubt completely awful! Not worth the money AT ALL. Mine lasted a month if that! I also washes them and they just looked even worse! And I used hair extension shampoos and conditioners.. Awful!!! So disappointed, clearly everyone writes the reviews the day they get them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think a lot of people are reviewing them too soon and not giving them a good test beforehand. I still love headkandy's extensions but i'm trying out bobbyglam extensions at the moment which i will review soon xx

      Delete
    2. I had the same problem with foxylocks they turned into a complete birdsnet and I went through 3 sets... I jus tdidnt want to believe that they could be so awful when everyoen was leaving such good reviews. I felt like maybe i had just got a bad set, but after the same thing happening 3 times, well... I then started using head kandy and i love them. Now my hair is really long so i dont need, but i would recommend head kandy with out a doubt! xx

      Justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  8. I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day.
    highlighted clip in hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog has offered the great knowledge I really enjoyed a lot by reading this. clip in hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome blog! Now In anticipation of a follow-up …. hair extensions human hair

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same problems with foxy locks two years ago. They started to look like horsehair after a month!? Can not beleive that she still sells these horrible extensions to people. But in Imogens youtube videoes her hair always look incredible healthy, shiny and natural :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! online clip in extensions

    ReplyDelete
  13. I continuously keep on coming to your site again just in case you have posted new contents.

    Capet Cleaning in London

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's never too lately to meliorate your information and your listing has me.
    Sustainable architect Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I bought foxy locks and HK extensions too and I prefer HK hair cause are softer and last really more than Foxy Locks! Now I hit on Hair Secrets extensions and I'm really inquiring about them cause they say are better than HK. I read few reviews and all are good but I'm not already sure to buy them. Do you know them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry, you gave foxy locks a 5/10 for price and headkandy a 9/10 for price but headkandy is more expensive than foxy locks? How did you come to that rating?

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! what does bubblegum casting do ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! bubblegumcasting.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and what you are longing to say about this post, in my view it’s very splendid on behalf of me. bubblegumcasting.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very elegant blog with great & significant information.

    Spa davie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Keep your hair furnished & presentable You can try many of these,Please folow us:-The Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions are worth using if the extensions are cheap and not too expensive. The Remy Human Hair Extensions are dynamic and therefore it is hard to ignore the complexity they lend to your head. The Cheap Flip In Hair Extensionsare fascinating in every way because they attract a large number of people. The Flip In Hair Extensions are great because they can be easily slid into place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have goen through your site, this is a good one.for more information please follow our blog:-If you want to get the celebrity like hairstyle with radiant glow and angelic texture, then you have try our Remy Clip in Hair Extensions, which is no doubt the Best Clip In Hair Extensions. For natural and pure looking style with hair, you can try out Wholesale Clip In Hair Extensions which comes unprocessed directly from the donors. Wholesale Remy Hair Extensions is a famous one in this category.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions are worth using if the extensions are cheap and not too expensive. The Remy Human Hair Extensions are dynamic and therefore it is hard to ignore the complexity they lend to your head. The Cheap Flip In Hair Extensionsare fascinating in every way because they attract a large number of people. The Flip In Hair Extensions are great because they can be easily slid into place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have gone through this blog. For more information please visit us:-
    The creation Wholesale Remy Hair Extensions customs of it are self-same rare as well as actually imperative to comprehend, finished which you jerry can change to a major suitable nest of maximum of the gratified Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions approaching up with such affecting time, here are the record Wholesale Clip In Hair Extensions which all derived with this time as well as been the main fragment of our systematic lifestyles Wholesale Hair Extensions illuminated here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Searching for Russian & Indian Hair Extensions?

    Olivia Christensen hair extensions are made from God's greatest creatures; 100% full cuticle human hair imported from regions in Europe and the Middle East. We offer Russian and Indian hair. which gives you the option between textures. All of our hair is hand-picked from local suppliers in Indian and Russia, and carefully manufactured into the finest hair extensions on the market.

    What sets our brand apart from many other hair extension suppliers is the fact that our hair hasn't been chemically processed in any way because we strongly believe in maintaining the integrity of the hair. Because of its virgin quality, the hair will not dry out and become unmanageable as chemically processed hair normally does. The durability of our hair is unmatched as the same hair can be worn for up to and even over 18 months!


    Virgin Russian hair extensions are known as the creme-de-la-creme and have increased in popularity over the past several years. The most common reasons for this is its natural appearance and their silkiness. If your hair is moderate to fine and/or fairly soft, our Russian extensions are the best match for you. You will undoubtedly be more than happy with your new Russian luxurious locks as they will blend seamlessly with your natural hair.

    If your hair has a more coarse texture we recommend our Virgin Indian hair. Our Indian hair is the perfect balance of price and quality. It is more rough in texture than our silky Russian hair, while still maintaing a smooth healthy shine. It is more affordable and will blend in perfectly with any moderate to coarser hair types. These voluminous locks will have you feeling like a goddess!

    Contact us for further details; Hair@oliviachristensen.com

    www.oliviachristensen.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have go throgh this page and its blog for more follow our blog:
    The hair styles Virgin Remy Hair Extensions and new trendy plugs that are viable or coming upon the mark is the best thing Flip In Hair Extensions which is coming with time, this is properly published and customers are made aware of the fact with such high and fashionable Wholesale Hair Extensions product that are available in the leading shops Brazilian virgin hair all around the public.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hair Extensions are really fun and it is for everybody. That is why when you want to own one, do not hesitate to visit a salon and inquire about it. One good source of these products is the internet. There you will find plenty of website which will talk about Clip In Hair Extensions, or they may be selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have goen through your site, this is a good one.for more information please follow our blog:-The fact and Cheap Remy Hair Extensions the most important one which ascertains are all in the fresh or modern improvements Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions stances following up in the years to come. There real importance and all is where business will come Clip In Hair Extensions to meant formatting the proper design beyond as good as above the correct styles to be followed Remy Hair Extensions Clip In.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Care about your hair ,to be glossy , Follow us:-A hair style that a woman wears with her is not only the eminent part in her but also the ones who are beside her. Buy Clip In Remy Hair Extensions never creates any tangles or clipping in the extension and can be carried out easily. All the features like the Best Clip In Hair Extensions, cheap clip in hair extension and the Clip In Hair Extensions with that of the Cheap Remy Hair Extensions have become very important in the life of those who love to style in the latest trends.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hair extensions come with a lot of uses. The biggest factor is to make your hair appear longer. Girls with short hair, who want to add length to their hair, can add Hair Extensions to achieve those results. If you already have long hair, you might want some extensions to add body. Not every girl is fortunate to have full, voluminous hair, and it can be added with Hair Pieces Extensions. Please Visit:

    virgin remy hair
    virgin brazilian hair
    hair extensions cost

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! Nice blog .You have done a great job. Keep on working. Corrective color davie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice share! Thanks a lot for such a lovely blog posting this time around as well. Cirugia Capilar Straightening

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...