Sunday, 2 October 2011

E.L.F Flawless Finish Foundation Review

I bought this about a month ago when there was 50% off code, how could I resist? When I bought it i hadn't heard much about it but since then a lot more reviews have popped up and I think it's safe to say i've found the reviews very mixed.  I think foundation is one of those things that no one will ever agree on which makes them very difficult to review.



I bought this in the palest shade which is Porcelain as I have fair skin which for some reason has forgotten how to develop a natural tan, booo! It is available on the E.L.F website and costs £6.50 which is pretty reasonable for a foundation. There are 6 shades available which I think cover a good range of skin tones although there always room for more. 


The first thing I noticed about this foundation was the smell. It has a very strong perfumey scent which I personally don't mind but I can't help but think it can't be good for my skin. I also know a lot of people really dislike strong smelling products on their face. The colour for me was a perfect match (without fake tan on) and it has just the right amount of coverage, I'd say it's medium but buildable. It has a semi- matte finish and has SPF 15 in it which is a big thumbs up for a lot of people. It's staying power is nothing spectacular but it's enough to last about 6 hours without any touch ups.



Onto the packaging, which for me is very 50/50. I like the simple bottle, the pump and the sleek lid and it's looks very nice sat on my make up table. However there are a few things that outwiegh that the pros. The frosted appearance on the bottle makes the foundation look slightly more pale than it is. The pump doesn't work very well at all and I find myself sat there pumping away with nothing coming out but a few small splats (Hello foundation on my clothes!!) and lastly the lack of information on the bottle. I know the information is on the box but who keeps that? 




One thing I will add is that I LOVE this foundation mixed with Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, it gives more of a healthy glow and a lightweight feel to it and looks absolutely gorgeous. 

2 comments:

  1. Great review. :) im still on the quest in search of a good foundation. Maybe i'll give this one a try.


    Check Out My Blog : http://belleamoure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Was thinking of buying this but I'm afraid the strong smell will irritate my sensitive skin :/ xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...