Monday, 12 September 2011

Halo Hair Extension Review

I expect nearly every person that knows me or has read my blog will know that I have really really thin hair! I absolutely HATE it and don't go anywhere without wearing hair extensions, it's the one thing i'm very self conscious about. Over a period of 5 years I have owned 7 different sets and in the last year I have discovered many high end brands, one of which is Halo

I've always had long extensions but having long thick hair is not always practical, especially for those lazy days, and wearing natural hair is NEVER an option for me. So I decided to buy 16'' Full Head Clip in Remy Human Hair Extensions in Light Brown #6 as i'm also planning on lightening my hair soon. 

What you get


They cost £49.99 but I got £5 off by using a voucher code, the postage is free and if you order before 3.00pm they will arrive the next day. They are 16 inches long, and weigh 90 grams without clips. You get 8 pieces, two 3 clip pieces, two 2 clip pieces and four 1 clip pieces. They are 100% Remy Human hair which means they are the best quality hair you can buy and you can treat them just like you would you own hair. 


My thoughts 
I am extremely fussy about my hair extensions and one thing I like about these is the good quality combined with the clips. Some of you may of read my Headkandy and Foxylocks review so you will know that I loved Foxylocks Clips and Headkandy's amazing quality and in my opinion Halo have combined  both things and created these extensions. The colour of these is more Copper toned than I expected but i'll be dying my hair and extensions soon anyway so it's not a massive bother. The ends of the extensions get gradually thinner which I actually quite like as they look more natural and don't get as knotty. I washed a couple of pieces to see how they turned out and they are just as soft as the ones i haven't washed and they were blow dried! As I have only recently bought these I haven't yet given them the 'test of time' but so far i'm loving them.



Customer Service
One thing I can't say enough about it how great the Halo team are. When I ordered the wrong shade they were more than happy to exchange them for a different colour. If you are unsure what colour to buy you can send them an email with a few photographs in and they'll colour match your hair for you. You can also Follow them on Titter and 'Like' their facebook page to keep you up to date with all their goings on. They are just fab!

Before and After
This is the bit i've been dreading, showing you my hair in it's natural, ratty, thin, state. Please remember I NEVER go out looking like this as I am extremely self conscious about it (in other words be nice). As these extensions are the same length as my hair it is the only way i can really show you them.

(Before)
As you can see most of my hair length comes from the back and there is barely anything at the front which looks so strange. Also, I have filled in my hair line in with dark eyeshadow as my hairline is so fine, this is something I do everyday and luckily it works and is barely noticeable.


(After)
Much, much, much better! It looks much more natural and thicker with my Halo extensions in and they give my hair a much nicer shape. All I can say is hurray for hair extensions!

I really like these so far as they give a very natural look. These are not extensions that I would wear everyday as I prefer to have a full set of long,thick extensions for everyday wear but these are great for those more natural days. I will definitely be getting some longer ones very soon.

Disclaimer: I bought these extensions with my own money and have not been paid to say good things. These opinions are 100% my own and honest as they always are and always will be. 

17 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about getting some! thanks for the review, chick! lovely blog. :)


    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty even without extension
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get myself some of these! They look amazing in your hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!

    1)You're so pretty! Love your hair/skintone :) so cute :)
    2)They look amazing - SO natural:)
    3)Lovely blog - following you now :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if having long thick hair is not always practical, by the help of hair extensions, well don't sweat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice page. I think the effort has passed, we have to thank you:))
    Göğüs küçültme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,

    I just wanted to share our experience with Halo Hair Extensions: We had a dreadful experience with this company. Our company purchased 100 of their hair extensions that were advertised as 100g! This was not the case as they arrived weighing between 80g and 90g so definitely NOT AS DESCRIBED. We rang the MD, John Russo and he said he would issue a refund. After tens of calls and emails he finally issued some of the refund three and a half weeks later. He continually told us that the money had been sent but clearly hadn't. His manner during the whole process was disgracful. He was so rude and arrogant stating that we were not his priority and that he didn't have time for such 'small matters', how insulting! We are now being forced to take him to court to receive the rest of our money. What an absolute waste of our time and now our money too!! :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awful!! I hope you are successful in getting a full refund.

      I am 100% happy with my extensions and the service I received. However since posting this I was offered/promised a halo to review and a set of extensions to giveaway in October. Halo then stared asking on twitter for people that would like to do the same but I had still not received anything. I emailed them and was asked to 'bare with them' as they were very busy and had a lot of people to send things to first (odd seeing as they were asking for new people). I still to this day haven't heard or received anything from them. I don't mind that I haven't got anything but it just seems a little unprofessional to offer someone something and not follow through with it.

      Delete
  8. I also have a problem with this company.. i recieved the items FAULTY. clips are hanging off, and hair is sticking out due to sh*tty stitching. i paid £70 for these extensions and they are not good enough! John Russo tells me im not entitled to a refund because i've had them longer than 7 days!! DONT!!!!! Buy from Halo/ John Russo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still happy with my extensions and the service I received but I have since gone back to using Headkandy extensions as I just prefer the length, thickness, quality and value for money.

      I am sorry you had such an awful experience with Halo! xx

      Delete
    2. omg -.- i wished i scrolled down and read the reviews from you guys before i purchased from halo also! i also had a freaking hell bad experience from john russo he is a freaking jerk
      ugh shlda done more research

      Delete
  9. hiya for a saving of £10 go to www.beautyproductsuk.co.uk authorised sellers of halo hair extensions. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right - YOU were the ones that took my money and sent me nothing, and ignored phone calls , emails, tweets and Facebook messages. Watch out folks

      Delete
  10. Unfortunately, here is my experience with halo hair extension. i decided to try purchase it after seeing your blog.
    One thing to note. If you had a smooth transaction with halo hair extensions, their service is commendable. Instant reply to emails and such. My experience with halo hair extension wasnt that smooth sailing though. The courier company that did the deliver for me to Singapore got my address wrong and the item got redelivered back to them. I contacted them and they told my my item would be redelivered back to me again once they received it. I couldnt wait any longer so i made a second purchase and waited out till the first transaction for the extensions got refunded back to me. This incident happened during May, and its been almost 2-3 months right now. I tried contacting them by email unfortunately there was no reply. I still have not received my refund back for the first hair extensions i ordered which they said they will do it for me if i place a second order ( since i do not know when it ll come and i did need another extensions asap )
    My english is not really good. and this account i had with halo hair extension is a far cry from what i had experienced.
    P.S they facebook page has got no negative feedback because they delete whatever problems they encounter with customers on their page and gave an illusion that they are really nice and friendly -.-
    Also for the 2nd hair extension order i received, the ends of the hair was really frizzy. and i had to go to a hair salon for them to cut out the split ends. that was around 2 inch long.

    Well, this is just my experience i hope other ppl will be aware of this kind of service that they provide.
    I honestly did like the initial instant reply i get from them though. i thought it was really nice and thought they could be trusted. never gona purchase from them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this review, it's helped me make a purchase with Halo this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in the U.S. and ordered a Halo Hair extension via the website. After receiving the wrong color the first time (one recommended by the representative), paying a considerable amount in postage, time, and trouble to return it, ordering a different color (light brown chestnut mix) as an exchange, and receiving whatever a dark reddish colorin error, I am having difficulty in receiving any further contact from the company (They finally responded briefly after four or five requests for a response, but recently agreed to give a full refund but refuse to pay postage.) I've already had to do that once, and it's quite expensive. This was not my error; it was theirs.) As you can see in the photo, the color is a far cry from light brown chestnut mix. I am not a rich person, and this has been a fairly large investment for me. I would never recommend this company.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in the U.S. and ordered a Halo Hair extension via the website. After receiving the wrong color the first time (one recommended by the representative), paying a considerable amount in postage, time, and trouble to return it, ordering a different color (light brown chestnut mix) as an exchange, and receiving whatever a dark reddish colorin error, I am having difficulty in receiving any further contact from the company (They finally responded briefly after four or five requests for a response, but recently agreed to give a full refund but refuse to pay postage.) I've already had to do that once, and it's quite expensive. This was not my error; it was theirs.) As you can see in the photo, the color is a far cry from light brown chestnut mix. I am not a rich person, and this has been a fairly large investment for me. I would never recommend this company.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...