Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Disappointing Hair Products

First of all i'm sorry for being such a bad blogger recently. I've been lacking somewhat in inspiration as i've not been able to buy any products or anything at all for that matter since becoming unemployed (booo) as I have no income. I've moved back to Wiltshire this weekend so i can sort out work and find a house here for me and my boyfriend whilst he is working in London waiting to transfer back. So that means i am back and reunited with all my products (yippee).

No one likes to be disappointed with a product but unfortunately it happens to all of us at some point. I thought i'd share with you which hair products i have bought and found myself a bit disappointed with and why.

Batiste XXL volume dry shampoo
This is something that was massively talked about when it first came out and I'd heard nothing but good things about it. Having such thin and oily hair it sounded like my ideal product, but when I used it I found it left my hair with a really nasty dry texture, it made it look dull, scruffy and limp and it just looked like I had tried to cover up really bad greasy hair when my hair had only been washed that day and was barely even greasy. I've tried this 3-4 times using different amounts at different distances and the result has been the same. This is the only batiste product that has had this effect on my hair, i use their original range and it was well for a quick fix. 




Schwarzkopf got2b big volume hairspray
This wasn't a huge disappointment as I do like it but it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be. It says on the can 'push up, plump up, ultra hold' which I think is a bit exaggerated. It does give my hair more volume but it doesn't really hold it for any longer than an hour, and that's pushing it. When I want big volumised hair, I want it to last for most of the day. I find it's slightly drying which for me isn't too much of a problem as I have oily hair but if my hair was any dryer it would be awful. A big plus for me is the smell. It smells amazing, just like strawberries mmm.




Samy Fat Hair thickening spray
Me and my mum both have extremely thin hair which with both struggle with. I'm able to wear extensions which helps me massively but my mum just wouldn't suit them at all. We saw this in Superdrug and thought it might be able to help us out a little and as i'd heard goo things about the brand we didn't even question buying it. It claims to 'transform fine,limp hair into thicker, fuller, stronger hair' and give the result of 'luxurious and healthier looking hair'. We both found that it left our hair feeling sticky and frizzy every time we used it no matter how much or how little we used. My hair did not look healthier, in fact it made all my split ends stand out and made it look in worse condition than it is. 


VO5 give me texture spray
I can't say much about the product itself as the issue I have with this product is the packaging. I have naturally curly hair and this would be great for those days when I'm not going out and don't want to wear hair extensions or use any heat on my hair. The trouble with this is that when you spray it onto the hair it shoots out downward in a fast jet and gives out far too much product into one concentrated place. It is just impossible to use. I'm not sure if I got a faulty bottle or something but when I run out of my heat defense I will transfer it into that bottle so I can actually use it. Let me know if you have this and have the same problem or not.


I'd love to hear about what products you've been disappointed with, so if yoolet me know what they are in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you with the batiste, my hair felt gross using it and just messy, totally prefer the hint of colours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely agree on the batiste, the texture of my hair was horrible, it felt all matted and just eurgh! never had that problem with their normal range x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny- I did a post about this vo5 hair stuff and had exactly the same problems as you!
    Found your blog when looking for halo reviews, darn it, should so have gone for the light brown ones, the colour matched me and somehow likened my dark brown highlighted hair to a shade off platinum blonde- I looked foolish! Looking forward to reading more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is describing disappointing hair products, good post
    Vein removal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...