Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Sleek Make Up

Before I started blogging I had never even heard of Sleek and after hearing a lot about it in the beauty community I recently discovered that my local Superdrug stocked it. A few days ago my boyfriend bought me the Storm palette which I was excited about as it was my first ever palette. After swatching it I had to buy it, the colours are mainly neutrals and are very pigmented! Another big bonus is that the price is really affordable at £6.49.



Unfortunately the eyeshadows in this palette don't have names which makes it quite difficult to explain which colours you are wearing, but I think Sleek have now started to name their eyeshadows in their newer palettes. Hooray! In this palette there are 3 matte shades and the rest are shimmery. I personally prefer the simmer shades as I find matte eyeshadows just don't suit me so this palette is great for me. It also comes with an applicator which i don't usually like, but this one isn't that bad, i use it for putting  on my base colour and it works very well. 


After swatching these and taking photographs I realised that I had done it all backwards so I apologise if it confuses you slightly but I'm sure you get the drift. As you can see these are so pigmented and they blend very nicely, not to mention they stay put all day. 



I also bought a True colour Lipstick in the shade Peaches & Cream. This isn't my usual choice of colour as I always wear a nudes or pinky nudes. I played around with this in the store, it looked so pretty and pigmented and as i was feeling brave that day it soon became mine. It was only £4.00 too, such good value for money.





I'm still not 100% sure of the colour on me but I think that is something I will get used to the more I wear it. The formulation is absolutely gorgeous, it's so soft and moisturising  and it stays on longer than any other lipstick I have tried so far. 



Because i love my sleek palette so much and after watching Louise's video (Sprinkleofglitter) i have decided i want to collect them all. I've also been eyeing up another lipstick in the shade Baby Doll. I think it's safe to say i have become a bit of a sleek addict. If anyone of you have tried their foundation let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. i love sleek, everytime i go to buy a palette i put it back, i love the storm one so i might have to just get it!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...