Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Hair Favourites: The Fishtail Braid

As some of you may know i always wear my hair extensions due to having very fine hair. But having long thick locks isn't always the most practical of hairstyles. A few months ago i learnt how to do a fishtail braid and i've been really loving this hairstyle for those 'i need my hair off my face' days. This is such a cute and pretty way to keep your hair tidy and out of the way without having to bung it on top of your head in a messy bun. 




It's not the easiest of hairstyles to do but at the same time it's not the hardest. Once you get the hang of the technique you're away. I thought trying to explain it in writing could be a little difficult so if you want to learn how to do it then watch Imogen's (Imogenfoxylocks) video here. This is how i learnt to do it and her video is super helpful. Let me know what hairstyles you're loving at the moment or for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. love your makeup in this post. And I neeeeeeed long hair just so I can do this braid!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha i made a video for this as well but my hair is so, so thick it barely works for me. looks gorgeous on you!

    i can't seem to find any hairstyle working for me at the moment, it's so, so annoying! im having a bad hair year :(

    http://sweet-findings.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rubbish at these! I've just recently had my hair cut short too so now I can't even practice anymore! you've done a really good job though, great blog xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...